Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Empty33%the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Empty67%the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 9 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 9 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+7
HYdraMStar
Leaka
Kellycakes
TerishD
Snacker
Urs
fleamailman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Topscribbler-1
fleamailman

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-01-17

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2009, 2:41 am

flashback

"...morning..." said the goblin ominous about the email he had received from his father saying "mum was in no distress faintly smiling but she seemed to be letting go", so the goblin had phoned back offering assistance and reassurance but between them there was only the "wait and see" and eitherway they both knew that the time would hang over them until tide either turned or engulfed, and somehow from his sittingroom window the silent cold gray cloudy morning all seemed so appropriate to the occasion where the goblin would once more type out his feelings to a slot here, "...honesty, a shared life and a thick skin..." said the muse again wanting her debt paid "...you owe it and you know it..." she prompted, "...well I thought first we'll throw away the empty plastic bottles in the bottle bank, and then we could visit the bistro afterwards..." replied the goblin ducking it till later
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2009, 2:42 am

the goblin noted that somehow the more one feeds the slot the more the slot seems to want posts, "...and after that the slot seems to be following one around too, popping up in the most unlikely places when suddenly that idea for a post hits one that is..." ventured the goblin thinking it was something which most people would probably dismiss as some writer's distraction though goblin himself felt that it to be worth cultivating in ones life if only because the goblin had long noted that there was a lot within one that never gets out, so it was this then that the goblin had dubbed "a muse's pact"
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 6:50 am

repost from elsewhere, the subject is Shakespeare, just sharing

the goblin thought that Macbeth's downfall was "not thinking it out enough" whereas Hamlet's downfall was "not acting soon enough", the goblin continued "...in fact, Shakespeare was probably aware of that book "the Prince" where, in it, Machiavelli writes "the lion falls into traps, and the fox gets eaten by wolves"...", so the goblin just wondering if "the lion of Macbeth" and "the fox of Hamlet" could be examples of this idea then

Last edited by fleamailman on February 20th 2009, 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 6:12 am

his trivial day over, the goblin returned to the slot but, as of yet, he hadn't reached that depth that would come later in the hour he knew, "...the posting is the easy part but finding something "worth posting" here is both the challenge in itself and the reward of this game then..." voiced the goblin in the quiet empty room once more where the slow ticking seconds seemed to tally the duration of his wait even if "the actual time itself" at that point along with all else was irrelevant, somehow each repetitive tick was just enough to let the goblin know that the hour was advancing in a steady passing sensation as the goblin carefully sifted through his thoughts again, "...I suppose it's for this sensation of depth and awareness then that I keep facing the slot like this..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 10:07 am

repost from a "last post" thread, elsewhere

the goblin loved the way the pictures were resized automatically on this site, "...it's great.." said the goblin somewhat reminded of those people who quickly phoned in on the local radio station's quiz show each time regardless, and when the DJ asks "...ah, so now then caller, what's the answer to our big question then, tell us who do you think is the prime minister of Canada...", to which the reply seems always the same "...it's the Count de Monte Cristo, DJ, oh by the way, while I'm here can I just make some dedications for my friends, please oh please DJ, love your show and all that, ..." as the DJ puts two fingers up to his head and goes pow silently with his mouth in cringed disbelief again
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 2:50 pm

"...what is your goal then, why do you post..." asked the goblin, adding "...I know why I post but why do you post or never post...", by now the goblin had written so often about "dailylife", the moneygod, about knowing what is inside one by what one posts, etc., but in the end, the answer is not something one has to prove to others, it isn't a belief here, it really is something one understands for oneself, "...my goal is to pass my everything through the focus of my pen..." said the goblin knowing that something or anything the goblin had ever written about had become that much clearer for his having written about it, "...that's what this thread is all about for me..." voiced the goblin in the empty evening room once more before the next demand of dailylife called him away again
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 5:08 pm

the goblin was thinking back to what Bill Gates had said about the Internet taking over most forms of media in much the way we have seen to date, that is that there are ebooks, video/radio/television streams, new coverage, mp3 downloads, blogs, forums and many others forms of entertainment offered by the Internet, "...true but none of these Internet versions are quite as good as there real life counterparts are they, where there are real life counterparts that is..." mentioned the goblin who agreed that in the long run the Internet may well take over since the gap is narrowing, which together with younger people becoming the majority, plus the fact that people prefer to have fewer devices for various reasons such as price, convenience, space saving, etc., "...agreed for the long term then, yes, but at present this statement still seems premature in my view..." concluded the goblin
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2009, 7:43 am

"...you see..." the goblin explained continuing "...it isn't enough for me to create a persona here, one has to create an effective harlequin to narrate the scene too...", outside, in the now unused streets that this Sunday morning offered those few passersby under some gray sky dullness that was all too typical of Geneva's early Spring, a longish day awaited that would just follow its unadventurous course again, inside the bistro though, it was different in that the goblin's coffee, being half drunk by now, fueled a mind that was ready for posting across the Internet for all that anonymous critical acclaim and recognition by the plebs that only one as deluded as himself could possibly crave for, save that the bistro's WIFI at this point was down again, "...plan B then..." said the goblin who fell back to his second fiddle of preparing something to post later, concluding "...for me, these "last post" threads act both, like a spur goading me on to post back regardless, and as a constant benchmark of my posting ability to aim at, no not "what do I win here", more "what am I losing if I don't" which keeps me at it...", the harlequin then narrated the bit about the falling near freezing sleet viewed from the window and how this barred the goblin's physical escape from the bistro all at the very moment the WIFI had returned, "...so I'm stuck here on this thread with you mortals MYAHAHAHAHAHA, cause I'm certainly not going out in that then..." wailed the goblin squatting on last spot here again, the snow took over from where the sleet had left off
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2009, 10:02 am

the goblin was thinking about this now relentless curtain of cascading snow, which had taken over from the sleet some hours ago, knowing that as long as it fell like this he, together with those around him, was stuck in the bistro sharing the same emotion of disbelief at it, "...for now is this Winter of our discontent made whole by the view from this window..." joked the goblin not really laughing as umpteen glum faces somehow looked forlornly up to the heavens for a moment's rest bite, out-glummed only in intensity that is by the bistro owner himself who knew his "takings" wouldn't merit his "hours" again and what better target for his griping than those squatting laptops users the goblin wondered, nope, he didn't need to wonder he just needed a cloak of invisibility here
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2009, 5:27 pm

the room was dark, leaka, seated at the table grooming his nails with a stiletto was first to speak "...yeez boss, I just think we still should have wasted him, before you called him family..." Snacker agreed, looked over the capo too and excused, "...yer but we don't do nothing less she says so..." the capo raise her hand to stop them "...how long have you two been on the Scribblebot turf, I'll level with you two, not long enough, OK so we snuff this goblin but then what, along comes another wiseguy "last post thread" lastposter and we've gotten nowhere, nah they don't call me Urs for not'ing and Urs doesn't cut a deals for not'ing, if this wiseguy wants the last thread, let him try for it, he's just one goblin and we're all the members of Scribblebot gang for peat's safe, he aten't got a chance against us...", and with that a chorus of cunning smiles brimmed across the room as their faces in the night were alive and devious again
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2009, 7:13 am

the goblin gives and good as he gets, just sharing

xxxxx wrote:
fleamailman wrote:
so when was the last time you fed the slot and the slot is always hungry..."
About 3 fooken weeks ago.......touching four.............and yes my slot is always hungry.
But fear not Fleaman.....i is going to Newry this morning to visit the Ann Summers store..........to buy a slot feeder!!

I am sooo excited

the goblin could relate, "...yes, that, or I suppose one could just make a batch file, which posted an "I win" here each time one wanted to prove to oneself that one was feeding the slot from the depth of ones own imagination..." ventured the goblin remembering that Ann Summers store in Newry, "...oh yes, the one where those women, in some estranged estrogen frenzy of course, fought to the death over the very latest trend in household appliances, before they all join in that "Morris dancing" fertility rite extravaganza that is, complete with their thermos, wellies and those sandwiches made from the most unappetizing ingredients availible, or at least those now unfortunately all too imaginable ingredients that seem to just test the very sinews of the British stomach then, after which, incredibly, they calmly board that number 9 bus clutching the scalps of their vanquished opponents of course, together with that household appliance, most probably a "slot feeder" here..." mentioned the goblin always in aw at them again, such was their raw power of the shopping side of their otherwise normal docileness, "...anyway the golden rule I believe is just to say that one is a great fan of Terry Wogan..." mentioned the goblin in passing, "...no more running off in fact..." he added
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2009, 2:06 pm

("...letting life pass mortals, come post something, or I win..." said the goblin again)

the man looked at the goblin, he explained slowly "...in my hand I have two pills, the blue pill of reality, and the pink pill of illusion, once you take one there's no going back, it's up to you then, which one then goblin...", "...there is something I don't understand..." the goblin looked straight at the other man "... and what's that..." the man leaned closer, the goblin thought deeply "...well I haven't taken either of those pills yet so which pill am I on now, surely I would need only one pill then, the one that changes from this reality to the other reality, not two...", "...very good goblin, lets shoot the scriptwriter then..." smiles the man
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2009, 7:02 am

repost from elsewhere, just sharing

Quote :
The goblin is good at writing, whereas I feel adequate at best!

"...ah no, but thanks anyway..." said the goblin who was a dyslexic, his ability, if the goblin had any, only came from his keeping at it, not for fame that is, nor for the readers sake here, but more simply because the goblin knew that, if he was lucky, an old age awaited him, one that could all too easily become as awful for himself, as he simply saw now for those lonely people in the old age home next to where he lives, "...but suppose, one created a persona at this point that never aged over ones remaining years, that grew more and more fluid and realistic though ones continued practice at it then, yes that would be a good reason for ones relentless posting don't you think..." ventured the goblin knowing that his creating this persona had been his goal here, and yet it had turned out very differently for him, for the goblin had simply created a mask, a persona, yes, and yet that mask had in turn molded the person wearing it, "...funny then how actors are swallowed whole by their parts if they are true actors, leaving nothing of themselves it seems..." concluded the goblin at it
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2009, 10:48 am

repost from elsewhere, again

Quote :

Have you thought about writing a book fleamailman? Or a screenplay? You sound, like you should definitely be a writer. And even though you may not want to do it for fame or fortune, you could do it so everyone out there could read your writing. Talented people need to be unleashed on the world, otherwise we will be stuck with people like Madonna writing books, and that's never a good thing!

the goblin smiled once more looking out across the bright snow to the mountains beyond, "...and what is this that we are writing together here then, a live book of sorts is it not, with each of us intricately woven into its sprawling pages..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...the times, together with the advancement of technology, have once more returned writing to something like short episodes found perhaps in those journals of the Victorian age where Dickens and Doyle held the reader's imagination in the palm of their hands...", the goblin paused knowing that there was something else, he tried for it here "...look again, do you notice that the distance between persona, the piece and the response has gone, hasn't it...", the goblin's coffee tasted deep perhaps unpleasant even, it's sweet bitterness held him tightly to the point here and how clearly he saw it, continuing "...anyway more people inter react here, on threads like these that is, than if any one of us were to go cap in hand to some publishers somewhere, for see how the medias are losing market share to this Internet at this point then, and where this snowballing trend is leading us to, well that is why I keep saying that I am not a "writer" now, what I am is just one of you but you are all personas like me..." mentioned the goblin who then laughed saying "...besides, none of this matters when one is anonymous does it, and to me only "the Muse's pact" matters..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2009, 7:22 am

repost from "writing hints" thread, elsewhere

day whatever and the usual thing, those cleaning ladies ever calling across the tables of the bistro to one another somewhat reminiscent of creatures across some enormous forest canopy while the goblin himself, tucked neatly into the corner, tries to both type, keeping his mind focused on the question in front of him, and ignore them long enough to make a valid reply here, ah but who is he kidding then as the moment the goblin opens up the reply slot here, umpteen tangents offer their distractive seductive candidacy for his post instead, "...no I want to offer sound advice to the humans this time, be off with you..." he voices out loud though fortunately the cleaning ladies around him don't speak English and are all too used to the goblin's sudden outbursts like this, he waits on the time now as the cursor blinks away the moments, simply the goblin is waiting for that feeling like a retracting wave that is followed by a sudden gush of vision like thought which he will just type down rereading the last words where he loses track, "...goblin, can I swallow this post down yet, I'm hungry and do remember that humans don't have much of an attention span these day, you're lucky if they've read this far that is..." reminded the slot as the next bout of raw Portuguese is hurled wildly across the bistro canopy as the goblin ducks to avoid it, that is while hitting the "send" button at the same time feeding the slot, his post was done he knew but could anyone read this far he wondered
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2009, 10:49 am

repost from "Last thing your character said [to you]" thread, read writer's site, elsewhere

"...goodie..." said the goblin knowing that there was nothing that quite equates to "really supporting a site" like actual posts here, as the little child drank her hot milk with a smile now hidden behind those large white rings that had formed around her mouth, the bistro, almost empty, seemed quiet at this point, the goblin just continued "...but a dialog needs to be coupled with narration, or it will still look and feel like "first person", albeit in inverted commas, or with the names written to the left that is, so one needs to portray the situation imaginatively on the one hand here, while bringing the characters to life with the other...", not the goblin himself understood any of this, as his eyes were still on the little girl waiting her chance to wipe her mouth firmly on that sleeve or whatever while her mother, seated opposite behind some splayed newspaper, repeated some mantra of "...yes, yes, oh really and what did you do next dear..." to which the little girl, equally oblivious, gaily recounted her rather short "life's story" complete with exploding hand gestures for the umpteenth time, which was all OK the goblin thought save that he knew he still had to find some "dialog text" to post here so he waited upon his muse again but his docile mind, like that slowly setting sky outside, seemed a continuous blanc, somehow the goblin just envied the little girl her unquestionable ability then
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2009, 10:52 am

repost from the lupus site's "last post" thread

the goblin often wondered how kathy and the lupusbots, put up with him but he liked it here and them too, somehow the goblin needed to feel their courage and take it for his own at times, for if they could "read on" then surely the goblin could "write on" with them then, "...well it's "the last person to post here wins" isn't it, and this site, together with this thread too is only for winners...." ventured the goblin knowing that winners needed something to win against, continuing "...and while one has this moment, which is after all all any of us have anyway, one cant lose this game for one can always post back winning again and again and again that is..." said the goblin ever sketching what he encountered, adding "...funny how this simple defiance of silence like and of ones situation too makes heroes of us all then...",
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2009, 4:56 pm

repost from elsewhere, just sharing

the goblin thanked the posters once more and the man with the pointy hat who had fired the goblin's thought process this morning, certainly the goblin found the idea of his life as "being a matter of mathematics" alarming, as he probably would that is if he learned that it was in fact the movements of the stars, or as in "it is written" or by any other preordained way for that matter, the goblin brought himself to just reply "...maybe it is true then, it could well be just that I know, but part of me always wants to believe that life is never 100% "cause and effect" here..." mentioned the goblin whose morning had him in jitters over some trivial event already that some "predestination" could be as plausible a reason here as "chance", even if the goblin also knew that coincidences abounds regardless of their meaning, but then the goblin forgot about it and just continued what he was saying here continuing "...that is, for me that, just like some unexplainable quantum effect that causes those sums to never quite add up correctly into some deathly exact known outcome here, I always hope that this life offers at least a small margin of hope on the one hand while dashing all my base calculations, predictions and premonitions on the other...", simply, the goblin understood that, although he liked to guess the ending of life's thread here, which was what he did often enough, he never quite wanted to know for sure which one really was his very last post then, nor for that matter how it became so, he clung to the comfort of uncertainty while guessing at the outcome, "...looks like it's my fortune teller's night off again then..." noted the goblin at his lot
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2009, 4:57 pm

the goblin was thinking that if one pays danegeld, then more Danes will just show up, much as in the case where a government offers an amnesty to illegal immigrants only to witness a new influx of them, "...the bail out package sends a message to banks that their bad loans have an intrinsic value that the government is willing to underwrite here, if anything those bad loan becomes safer than their good loan counterparts if simply because, for the lender, there is no error of any sudden default on the part of the borrower who is out of the equation at this point, the loan is met by the government regardless, leading me to conclude that if anything shareholders are more likely now to invest in those banks that are too important for the government to let go under as long as they have a large amount of bad loans on their books that is..." said the goblin feeling that it was clearly a case of "good money being thrown after bad" and that it sent a signal to banks and investors alike that bad lending practices are sound fiscal policy where the government's fear for the larger economy was concerned
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2009, 2:14 pm

the goblin saluted everyone and then just returned to the idea of keeping it random, his morning bistro session in full swing, he was finding his depth again, "...you know..." he started "...you win each time you post, in fact, strangely enough you win whenever and wherever you post on the Internet that is, but somehow, and as if always, "dailylife" just calls one away again till the moment one looks at the duration of the time that one has passed in ones "dailylife", against all that one has posted on the Internet to date, and feels cheated with perhaps only really oneself to blame for having not posted more often, nor with more depth that is..." ventured the goblin at himself here, so, for the goblin at least, it wasn't really that the he ever won against someone else on any site, for they too had their own journeys to make he knew, only that the goblin himself didn't want to concede to his "dailylife", with all its too compelling petty concerns, yet one more day that it had slyly diverted him from his "journey to self" here, "...oh, and "dailylife" my friends, is passed master at creating plausible reasons to break ones journey in a life that is always shorter than one thinks..." added the goblin ever posting on with little choice he felt
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2009, 6:43 am

the goblin had an aversion to using "full stops" while posting, much as he did for "colons" and "semi colons", in that, what with modern day readers newly coming unstuck from their televisions and accidentally drifting in here like this, the goblin doubted that they would really know what those punctuation marks meant, so somehow the image of "...Scotty, damage report please...", "...captain, I don't know how long this vessel can take much more of those funny dots and dashes coming from the goblin there...", "...Bones, disengage then, set a direct course for facebook..." crossed the goblin's mind whenever any temptation to write normally arose
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2009, 6:54 am

how, strangely it seems now, that the goblin and the mommies went so far back together then, "...ah, those women and that realm of "women's interest", one which is always so strange to anyone uninitiated, well, I was amazed at the time I remember..." ventured the goblin, adding "...but they're avid readers and a force in their own right on sites...", outside those relentless wheels of passing cars just crushed the fallen water of the wet road in that unmistakable sound of light monotonous rain, and inside too, the bistro resembled the goblin's props of a "last post" thread or whatever would equivocate to that in his real life here, till he just added "...creature of habit as I am, part of me always rebels against this course of least resistance, that I choose for myself each time, for folks, I will never be that "meat and two veg" writer, that this all too "meat and two veg" existence is about...", it almost seems now that the mommies had somehow taught him to post against it
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2009, 11:04 am

repost from elsewhere, writer's site, just sharing

and with that the goblin returned to the bistro, glanced through those warmly warm welcomes here, and then dived into his morning posting session somehow knowing that by nightfall, the goblin would have hardly progressed across the umpteen sites now demanding his replies at this point, this was after all "live writing", a different fish from those books and that publishing world but no less important the goblin knew, "...humans, in your world you are authors, in mine one is a poster/persona, you publish, I post, your goal "critical acclaim", "recognition", even a "fortune" perhaps...", the goblin paused, reaching for his coffee and for the next bit continuing "...so what does that equate to in my world dear humans, this world that you're reading this post on that is, how does one go about being an unmistakable poster/persona on the Internet, for surely having seen recurring loss of market share, you can see that to reach a wider audience than that declining bookworld, one must be open to new ideas and adapt to them here...", coffee drunk, the goblin promised to return as always for the goblin was, after all, only too aware that he was here as much to learn as he was to help, "...I suppose being anonymous, that would make me a ghost writer in your world then..." mused the goblin before being called away again
Back to top Go down
Tonari

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 NewScribbler-1

Female
Number of posts : 4
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Workin10
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2009, 11:50 am

alien ghjok.,jhgghj
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2009, 3:53 pm

suddenly the goblin was amazed, "...oh, you can't fool me George with that "Tonari" username..." said the goblin welcoming him, to the site and moreover the thread here, "...well, I haven't seen that writing style in a while I know, but I'd recognize it anywhere, look, if you want me to write an ex president address then just give us a buzz..." went the goblin again thanking him for showing his support here

Last edited by fleamailman on March 3rd 2009, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next