Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Keeping it Going! Empty33%Keeping it Going! Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Keeping it Going! Empty67%Keeping it Going! Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Keeping it Going! EmptyKeeping it Going! Voting_bar2Keeping it Going! Empty 
TerishD (1441)
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Keeping it Going!

Go down 
+3
HYdraMStar
Snacker
Kellycakes
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kellycakes

Keeping it Going! ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Keeping it Going! Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 1:54 am

You know the drill. Add a sentence to the story, we will keep it going until the story comes to an end. Once the story ends we will start a new one. So lets get it started.

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Snacker

Keeping it Going! ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Keeping it Going! Caring10

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 11:03 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 11:36 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 11:43 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

Keeping it Going! Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Keeping it Going! Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 7:47 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Snacker

Snacker

Male

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 7:59 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2008, 3:13 am

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2008, 4:10 am

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart:
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2008, 12:52 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad?
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2008, 12:16 am

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad? How was I even able to love someone like that?!
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2008, 1:24 am

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad? How was I even able to love someone like that?! Maybe my mom was right when she called me a loser.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2008, 6:17 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad? How was I even able to love someone like that?! Maybe my mom was right when she called me a loser. I should have listened to my high school Biology teacher when he said I would only be good for men's pleasure and capitalized on that.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2008, 10:13 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad? How was I even able to love someone like that?! Maybe my mom was right when she called me a loser. I should have listened to my high school Biology teacher when he said I would only be good for men's pleasure and capitalized on that. But I just didn't want to hear it.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2008, 10:52 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad? How was I even able to love someone like that?! Maybe my mom was right when she called me a loser. I should have listened to my high school Biology teacher when he said I would only be good for men's pleasure and capitalized on that. But I just didn't want to hear it. There have been a lot of things over the years I haven't wanted to hear.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2008, 11:38 am

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad? How was I even able to love someone like that?! Maybe my mom was right when she called me a loser. I should have listened to my high school Biology teacher when he said I would only be good for men's pleasure and capitalized on that. But I just didn't want to hear it. There have been a lot of things over the years I haven't wanted to hear. My parents gave me a lot of advice that I didn't care to abide by.
Back to top Go down
elr1978b

Keeping it Going! NewScribbler-1
elr1978b

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2008, 5:59 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad? How was I even able to love someone like that?! Maybe my mom was right when she called me a loser. I should have listened to my high school Biology teacher when he said I would only be good for men's pleasure and capitalized on that. But I just didn't want to hear it. There have been a lot of things over the years I haven't wanted to hear. My parents gave me a lot of advice that I didn't care to abide by. Now my throbbing heart wishes my weary ears had listened to the countless lectures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.poeticflow.weebly.com
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 7:54 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad? How was I even able to love someone like that?! Maybe my mom was right when she called me a loser. I should have listened to my high school Biology teacher when he said I would only be good for men's pleasure and capitalized on that. But I just didn't want to hear it. There have been a lot of things over the years I haven't wanted to hear. My parents gave me a lot of advice that I didn't care to abide by. Now my throbbing heart wishes my weary ears had listened to the countless lectures. But, alas, there is no undoing the past.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2008, 3:42 pm

Although it was only noon the sky seem to blacken quickly. I didn't bother to go inside when it started to rain. The coolness was refreshing against my skin. I leaned my head back and enjoyed the rain drops on my face. They fell on my checks and forehead and lips like the tiny sweet, wet kisses of every loved one I'd ever lost. My throat tightens and my hands begin to sweat as I think back. I should have known the sadness would return when I thought about him. It wasn't that long ago when everything started to fall apart: How could I have let things get so bad? How was I even able to love someone like that?! Maybe my mom was right when she called me a loser. I should have listened to my high school Biology teacher when he said I would only be good for men's pleasure and capitalized on that. But I just didn't want to hear it. There have been a lot of things over the years I haven't wanted to hear. My parents gave me a lot of advice that I didn't care to abide by. Now my throbbing heart wishes my weary ears had listened to the countless lectures. But, alas, there is no undoing the past.

It was then, when I stood outside in the rain, that I noticed my life was just a piece of crap.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2008, 4:57 pm

It was then, when I stood outside in the rain, that I noticed my life was just a piece of crap. And like the crap that floats on the top of the toilet water I was swirling around eventually going to be sucked down.
Back to top Go down
Sanareth

Keeping it Going! Scribbler-1
Sanareth

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2008, 7:35 am

It was then, when I stood outside in the rain, that I noticed my life was just a piece of crap. And like the crap that floats on the top of the toilet water I was swirling around eventually going to be sucked down. Down to a world of eternal lonliness, to cry for myself forever.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2008, 9:40 am

It was then, when I stood outside in the rain, that I noticed my life was just a piece of crap. And like the crap that floats on the top of the toilet water I was swirling around eventually going to be sucked down. Down to a world of eternal loneliness, to cry for myself forever. But today I was content to be out in the rain.
Back to top Go down
elr1978b

Keeping it Going! NewScribbler-1
elr1978b

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2008, 10:54 pm

It was then, when I stood outside in the rain, that I noticed my life was just a piece of crap. And like the crap that floats on the top of the toilet water I was swirling around eventually going to be sucked down. Down to a world of eternal loneliness, to cry for myself forever. But today I was content to be out in the rain.
The emotions I encountered previous was no longer a concern, things were starting to appear brighter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.poeticflow.weebly.com
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2008, 11:49 pm

The emotions I encountered previous was no longer a concern, things were starting to appear brighter. The sun was already breaking up the thin disorganized clouds.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2008, 2:19 pm

The emotions I encountered previous was no longer a concern, things were starting to appear brighter. The sun was already breaking up the thin disorganized clouds. In the distance I could hear the birds singing.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2008, 2:40 pm

The emotions I encountered previous was no longer a concern, things were starting to appear brighter. The sun was already breaking up the thin disorganized clouds. In the distance I could hear the birds singing. The storms in life always pass and life carries on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keeping it Going! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping it Going!   Keeping it Going! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeping it Going!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next