Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
A restart to life Empty33%A restart to life Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
A restart to life Empty67%A restart to life Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
A restart to life Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
A restart to life Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
A restart to life Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
A restart to life Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
A restart to life Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
A restart to life EmptyA restart to life Voting_bar2A restart to life Empty 
TerishD (1441)
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

A restart to life

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TerishD

A restart to life ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : A restart to life Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

A restart to life Empty
PostSubject: A restart to life   A restart to life Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2013, 11:36 am

Well, my father died the day after Thanksgiving. The funeral was Monday (12/2/2013). I am now facing Christmas with the decision about what to do now with my life.

My first desire is to go out and promote my writing. I have been working with a lady to check my manuscripts. Many are now on Nook and Kindle (Roby Ward).

I want hardcopies, and I mean hard-back hardcopies - no 'trade' paperbacks. If people want temporary copies, they can purchase from Nook or Kindle (cheaper). I do have PDFs, but no system of selling them (unless you can deal with me directly). I had a good experience using Lulu for printing books, so plan on using them again.

This will take money and time, but so it goes. Right now having to decide on a selection and where to attack. Nothing definite in at the moment.

Note that I know (think) that Kellycakes and such is in Arizona. Thus, if they can let me know of any conventions out there, I will work to schedule going out there. If any others have an idea (or desire), I will be glad to consider those.

Oh, my second desire is to finally get my property in north Louisiana where I can live on it. That will also take time and money. No real rush on that however.

Anyway, my life has taken a change. Hopefully it will be for the better.

I hope all of you are also looking positive toward the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
Kellycakes

A restart to life ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : A restart to life Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

A restart to life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A restart to life   A restart to life Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2013, 6:32 pm

My condolences Terish. I don't know how it feels to lose a parent but I am on the verge now. From some of your previous posts you let on that you knew it was going to happen and that you were prepared as much as possible for it. I couldn't imagine being so strong even if I knew it was coming. Now I'm dealing with another form of Cancer with my father, aggressive and already stage 4, that has developed within the last year. We found out beginning of November. Working, Oncologist, Internist, Lab, Radiation appointments with both parents and dealing with a few problems myself hasn't left me much of a life. I'm so excited that you are finally getting a chance to live.

I'm back in Michigan (taking care of my parents) and haven't yet made it back to Arizona, though I wish I was there! Getting work on the kindle shouldn't be that hard since you seem like a tech savvy kind of guy. A few clicks and it's all set up, of course there are extras to make your work even more appealing to the masses. I hope you and your son gets through the next few weeks without much stress and can grieve and love and accept and grow. Here's to a new start. I appreciate you sticking around here as well. Through everything I know when I do manage a few minutes on the computer I can find some part of you here!  love  hug
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
TerishD

A restart to life ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : A restart to life Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

A restart to life Empty
PostSubject: Convention   A restart to life Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2014, 3:30 pm

I have found Leprecon in Phoenix, and am thinking to attend. I have not found one in Michigan. There however is a ferry I want to ride up there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
Sponsored content

A restart to life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A restart to life   A restart to life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A restart to life
Page 1 of 1